Life Cycle Of Lice
The head lice lifecycle is much slower than an average bacteria or virus. An infestation starts with one or two bugs and takes a week to hatch a second generation of lice.
Typical Life Cycle of Head Lice
1. Lice egg (Nit) is laid on the hair shaft
2. Lice egg (Nit) hatches in 6-7 days
3. Baby louse (Nymph) has First moult 2 days after hatching
4. Second moult 5 days after hatching.
5. Third moult 10 days after hatching, now a full-grown adult louse.
6. Male and slightly larger female begin to reproduce
7. Female lays first eggs 2 days after mating
8. Female lays 4-8 eggs a day for the next 16 days and then dies